I have always watched beauty gurus recreate looks that celebrities sported and I tried my hand at that for the first time again with a Sonam Kapoor at Cannes 2013. I managed to do a fairly decent job, I think. (I'll let you be the judge of that.)
This time Sonam Kapoor looked fantastic in some of her outfits. You would have read about that in oh so many blogs so I am not getting into the details. What I did like the most was the brown smoky eye and I wanted to try that and luckily Corallista had a tutorial up for that within days. So that's why this is a Corallista inspired look. I used all the tips and tricks she had talked about in her video. (click here to see it)
What I like about Corallista's videos is that she breaks it down and tells you why she is using a particular product for that look. She doesn't just mention what products are used. This made it easier for me to recreate it by keeping what she said in mind.
|image source: highheelconfidential.com|
Today I am trying something a bit different. I am not just telling you what products I used but giving a bit of an explanation. Kind of a tutorial. Just minus the stepwise pictures.
So here is the look.
- For the base I started with a primer, NYX colour correcting primer. It is something I just picked up recently. My foundation is MAC StudioFix Fluid in NC 44. I used a sponge to blend it out.
- For concealer I used L'Oreal True match blendable concealer in N6-8 and MAC StudioFinish concealer in NW35 over that. The coverage that the two give is better than either or and I like that. I always use an eye cream below the concealer. I have used Clinique All About Eyes.
- While I waited for the foundation to settle I started with my eye makeup
- I used NYX eyeshadow base in Skin Tone so that all my shadows stay on longer and show up better.
- For a black base I used the Lakme Absolute Kohl Ultimate and smudged it just till the crease. I also lined my water line with it.
- The brown eyeshadow that I used to smudge blend everything out is MAC Dark edge. It has a satin finish. I smudged this under my waterline as well for the smoky effect.
- Then I blended and blended like crazy. Here and there I did add some more black and brown till I was happy with the effect.
- I highlighted the browbone slightly with IN2IT.
- After curling my eyelashes I used Lakme Eyeconic mascara. I have no experience with false lashes (that's where I need to venture next). And the eye makeup is done.
- Coming back to the face. I wanted the makeup to last long so I layered products.
- For contouring first I used TBS Bronzing gel in Honey Glow under the cheek bones.
- Corallista had mentioned that Sonam's blush was dusky pink. To get that effect I used MUA cream blush in Yummy. I used it just below the apple of the cheeks and extended into the contour.
- Then to finish the blush I used Lakme Rouge Blusher in Honey Bunch and brushed it over the contouring.
- To set all this I used Deborah Milano compact in 02.
- For the lips I used a lip pencil first, Bourjois Levres Contour in Factieuse. It is a nudish colour. I topped this with a Tips and Toes Lip Gloss in Allure. This has peachy undertones.
|my sister is in the background|
|with my super pretty sister!!|
|The outfit. You can see I started to get oily in about 4 hours.|
So have I done justice to it?
What do you think?
P.S do you like this style of post?