I was looking through some old posts and I realised that I start with "So" ever so often that I am now trying to find new ways to start a post. Just saying Hi, seems kinda boring to me.
Speaking of new beginnings, from this month I will be starting a monthly makeup basket. There are a few reasons for this
1) I suddenly realised that my makeup collection has really grown and I am not doing justice to a lot of products. I end up falling into a rut and using the same things again and again.
2) I keep saying that I will review products but then I ending up pushing them into the background when something new comes and I forget to review it.
The idea is simple. I have a bunch of products, in a basket very obviously, and I intend to use only those products for an entire month. The products include stuff that is in my Project Pan, new stuff to review and old gems that I am trying to rediscover. At the end of the month I will have a bunch of looks put up that I created using these products and also get out reviews during the course of the month.
Sounds fairly simple, right?
I might use some other products at times in case of some special occasion, but I am going to try not to.
Here are the products that I will be using this month.
1)MAC Studiofix Fluid in NC 44
2) MAC StudioFinish concealer in NW 35
3) L'Oreal true match concealer (somehow got missed in the picture)
4) Deborah Milano compact in 02
5) MUA Cream Blusher in Yummy
6) Lakme Pure Rouge Blusher in Honey Bunch
7) NYX Blush in Mocha.
8) Maybelline ClearGlow BB cream in 03 natural
9) Smashbox Photofinish primer
The foundation, concealer and compact will not be changing for a very long time. I don't use multiple foundations. I have like one more. That's it. Same for compact.
10) Maybelline Vivd and Smooth liner in silvery grey
11) Boujois Kohl and Contour in Prune Moderne
12) NYX Eye pencil in Bleu Roi.
13) Lakme Absolute Kohl Ultimate
14) Avon Glimmerstick in Flashy Copper.
15) Rimmel Eyebrow pencil in brown
16) Rimmel Scandaleyes eyeshadow stick in Paranoid Purple
17) Maybelline Gel eyeliner in black
18)Revlon Illuminance creme eyeshadow in Pink Petals
19) MAC eyeshadow in Dark Edge
20) Max Factor MasterpieceMax mascara
21) Lakme eyeconic mascara
22) Lakme Absolute lip tint in Berry Pink
23) StreetWear ColorRich Ultramoist lipstick in Pink Persuasion
24) Palladio Be Chic Lipstick in Merlot
25)Rimmel Apocalips in Stellar
26) Makeup Revolution London Redemption Iconic 3 palette. This may get featured often in my monthly baskets because I own very few palettes. I think I own only 3.
Okay! So that list was waaay longer than I expected but I wanted to keep options open for this month. I do like varying my look a bit. Also we have festivals coming up this month so I wanted to be able to do different looks.
If you follow me on Instagram then would have already seen a couple of makeup looks that I have done using this month's basket. Click here to see a traditional makeup look featuring these products.
So what do you plan to use this month?