I thought I would kick start the new series 27 dresses with a makeup look for an evening out with your girls. Before I do that, I should tell you the story of the bachelorette party that I did this look for.
So my school friends and I come from pretty conservative families. Getting to go out for dinner and a sleepover is a huge deal for us. We made plans to wear dresses and go pub hopping near by. We live in a place that has quite a few resto-pubs. None of us are really drinkers, so alcohol wasn't the point of pub hopping, it was more to tell everyone that we too were cool and did cool stuff like go pub hopping. What we didn't know was that the Saturday evening that we had planned to do this, was the same weekend where the temple in the area was having a procession and so all places were banned from serving alcohol in this area. We ended up have a dry bachelorette party, where the only high we got was from laughing at the fact that we had chosen a dry day to party. All in all it was a memorable night.
Here is the look.
Normally I am not the type of person to match my eye makeup with my dress, but I never really wear blue eyeshadow. I don't why I shy away from it and I determined to try it.
Here are the steps.
1) I primed my face with Benefit Porefessional and then moved into the eye makeup.
2) Maybelline Color tattoo in Tenacious Teal was applied as a base on the eyelids. Over this I applied a wash of MAC Club eyeshadow. Whatever eyeshadow was left on my brush, I applied it to the lower lashline.
3) For eyeliner I used the Maybelline Colossal liner and mascara I used the L'Oreal Volume Million lashes.
4) By this time the primer has settled in and I applied the MAC Studiofinish foundation in NC 44 and concealer is MAC Studiofix concealer in NW 35. I applied a very thin layer and blended it out well with my Beauty Blender.
5) I set everything using Colorbar Perfect Compact in 03.
6) For bronzer, I applied the Lakme blush in Honey Bunch and I applied a small amount of NYX blush in Mocha on the apples of my cheeks
7) Since the eyes were pretty heavy, I went for a nude lipstick- Maybelline Colorshow in Choco latte.
The dress is from Vesa Online. I have done a full post on this tie and dye dress and also styled it in different ways.
I kept the accessories very minimal and silver based.
So what do you guys think of this look? Is it too much that I wore bluish eyeshadow with a blue dress?? Let me know in the comments section below.